Friday, October 29, 2004

 

Fisking Can Be Fun



No, I'm not going to give someone a well-deserved and long-overdue fisking here. (it's not my style, and I'm not particularly good at it.) But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the results when someone else does it...

I read this a while back, not long after it was published. It made me scratch my head -- why should I care, particularly, who novelists are voting for? Novelists don't have any specific claim to wisdom. About all I can say for them is that, whatever thoughts they are thinking, moronic or otherwise, those thoughts are likely to be expressed well.

Or so I thought. Along comes Sofia, with the above-mentioned well-deserved and long-overdue fisking. Check it out!

(Courtesy of Roger L. Simon. His blog is always good reading; I really ought to read more of his published works one of these days.)

-- DiB

|

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogs that link here Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com