Thursday, October 07, 2004

 

How Crazy Is This?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious. But when the Democrats have been hammering away, for years, at the "Bush lied" idea... well, I'd at least expect them to be careful about following the rules themselves.

Perhaps not. First there was this -- Kerry's not supposed to bring anything into his debate with Bush, yet he does, and his campaign laughs it off. (Okay, it's a technical rule violation -- I'd be more perturbed about him bringing in, say, Cliff Notes, which Bush could certainly have used if the rules allowed it. But I am perturbed about Kerry's campaign in cover-deny-and-obfuscate mode on this.)

And now there's this -- DNC disregards rules within hours of debate.

Keep in mind -- this is the small stuff. This is like a child cheating during a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. If they're willing to play fast and loose with these rules, which big issues don't we know about yet?

I have to say, I didn't like Hugh Hewitt's semi-paranoid thesis for his new book: "If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat" -- I don't want to believe that Democrats in 2004 will do anything to win this election. But I'm beginning to wonder.

respectfully,
DiB

|

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogs that link here Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com