Wednesday, December 01, 2004

 

It's Getting Busy Out


I apologize (to both of my regular readers) for not posting lately. There's plenty to talk about, to be sure... but I've been quite busy, and somewhat preoccupied even when I have time on my hands. (I'm told that getting married can do that to a person.)

I'll be back from my honeymoon after New Year's Day; you can expect more content from me then. In the meantime, I'll post from time to time, when I have room in my head for doing it.

I don't know if that "quote of the day" bit is a good idea or not, but I'll try to keep it alive for the time being. Here are a few favorites to sink your teeth into:

* "I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but by how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
-- Gen. George S. Patton

* "It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to."
-- Walter Linn

* "Lawyer: One who protects us against robbery by taking away the temptation."
-- H. L. Mencken

* "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."
-- Victor Hugo

* "My favourite spectator sport is watching people who should know better searching for something (and often claiming to find it) where it never could be. Women claiming to find feminism in Islam is a good one."
-- Julie Burchill, British newspaper columnist

* "There is also this benefit in brag, that the speaker is unconsciously expressing his own ideal. Humor him by all means, draw it all out, and hold him to it."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)

* "I'd like to know if I could compare you to a summer's day. Because -- well, June 12th was quite nice, and..."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"



Be well, and thanks for stopping by!

Daniel in Brookline

|

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogs that link here Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com