Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

International Kissing Day


Sometimes it seems there's a special day for everything, doesn't it? But that's okay -- as Amber points out, you don't have to buy anything special today -- just show your appreciation for the fine art of kissing. Okay, I'm with that.

She also suggests that she'll link to kissing stories today. I didn't think I had any good kissing stories -- well, not that I was willing to share, anyway -- but I just thought of one, so fine, I'll take the bait. (If such stories don't interest you, feel free to read something else instead.)

Back in 1990 or so, I was dating a woman named Sandy, and on one occasion she, I, and a friend of hers went to the movies. (I'll call the friend "Yael", because that was her name.) As we waited on line in a crowded Jerusalem cinema, Yael suddenly faces me with an anxious serious expression, and she says, "Daniel, kiss me."

Now, being the monogamous sort (then and now), I wasn't inclined to do any such thing -- and it didn't help that Sandy was standing right there! But Yael whispered briefly in her ear, causing Sandy to face me and declare, "She's right, Daniel. Kiss her now."

WELL, then! I'd never been ordered to kiss a woman before... but it seemed only reasonable to follow through, as the saying goes, with feeling. So with one hand on the back of Yael's neck and the other at the small of her back, I kissed her, dipping her nearly to the floor in the process. The result was a somewhat dazed-looking Yael... and Sandy looking at me sharply and saying, "Yes, I asked you to kiss her, but not like that!" (You can't win, can you?)

I later found out that Yael had just spotted her ex-boyfriend in the crowd, with a date... whereupon she felt an urgent need to be seen with someone, too. She assumed that her good friend Sandy wouldn't mind lending her boyfriend out for a moment or two. (What, you think I'm supposed to have a say in this??)

Anyway, there's the story, for whatever it's worth. Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

Oh, and go and kiss someone. It's not just a good idea; it's International Kissing Day!

Labels: ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogs that link here Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com