Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Whose Idea Was This?


Greetings and apologies to both of my regular readers. What with Passover and several other things going on, I've been distracted, too much so to blog and feel that I was making any kind of sense.

Yes, things have been going on that I want to comment on -- emphatically so. But I want to make sure I have something worth saying about them first. Pauca sed matura, as the man said.

In the meantime -- no doubt you've heard of the Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia to which anyone can contribute; perhaps you've even added your own articles to the mix. But have you seen the Uncyclopedia? It's an online collection of nonsense to which anyone can contribute. (Go ahead, check it out.)

And I don't know whether to be delighted or disturbed that there's a Hebrew-language version. (Today's front-page article contends that:
Terror is a popular type of human activity, involving violence and senseless destruction. This is one of the phenomena considered to be unique to the human race, although this assertion is controversial; some researchers claim to have proof that terrorism is also practiced by gerbils.
So far there is no Arabic-language version... too bad.


UPDATE: While on the subject of slightly nutty ideas, there's this: the Robotic Chair, which falls to pieces on a whim... and then seeks out its parts and reassembles itself.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to sit in the darn thing...


Categories:


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogs that link here Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com