Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

A Military Wife Speaks Her Mind


Thanks to the Mudville Gazette -- why has it taken me so long to blogroll them? -- comes this heartwarming story of a woman, anxious for her husband to come back safe from the war... a woman who understands all too well what he's fighting for.
Smiling sadly, I glanced across my table to the empty seat where my husband usually sat. It had only been a few months since we sat in this very booth, talking about his upcoming deployment to the Middle East. That was when he made me promise to get a sitter for the kids, come back to this restaurant once a month and treat myself to a nice steak. In turn he would treasure the thought of me being here, thinking about him until he returned home to me.

I fingered the little flag pin I constantly wear and wondered where he was at this very moment. Was he safe and warm? Was his cold any better? Were my letters getting through to him?
Please do go and read the rest.


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogs that link here Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com